Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator – Sault Ste. Marie News
The Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for planning, organizing and executing various fundraising events and marketing initiatives to internal and external stakeholders. The core competencies for this position include Fund Development, Event Management, Marketing, Media Response, Material Production, and Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity Brand and ReStore Products. This work will be done in accordance with the Habitat for Humanity Canada and Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie by working collaboratively with volunteers and other staff to ensure the highest standards are achieved. The Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator is also responsible for upholding the Vision, Mission and Values of Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area and for complying with all policies, procedures and directives.
– Developing and executing a robust fundraising plan to implement, that results in enhanced and sustainable sources of ongoing fund development
– Coordinating the planning and implementation of fund development initiatives such as direct mail, signature events, planned giving, corporate sponsorships, and major gifts and donor stewardship
– Coordinating Build Days and ReStore Days in collaboration with appropriate staff and committees
– Identifying and pursuing new funding sources, such as grants
– Recording donor information, including an accurate account of funds raised, and analyzing donor statistics
– Collaborating with Finance & Risk Manager to ensure funds raised are deposited in a timely manner
– Supporting all third-party fundraisers
– Proposing fundraising policies for approval and writing procedures to capture the processes of the fundraising projects
– Evaluating all fundraising initiatives and reporting on outcomes
– Ensuring compliance with funder requirements and contract requirements in coordination with Finance & Risk Manager
– Collaborating with Finance & Risk Manager for lottery application and report with the City of Sault Ste. Marie
– Liaising with stakeholders, volunteers, donors and Fundraising Committee to plan innovative signature events including raffles, Build/ReStore days and third-party fundraisers
– Promoting events in collaboration with staff, volunteers and Fundraising Committee
– Creating invitations, managing attendance and registration
– Assisting in reconciliation of funds after the event
– Maintaining spreadsheet of all donors/sponsors for events to ensure proper thank you notes are sent.
– Developing and maintaining a budget for events in collaboration with Executive Director and Finance & Risk Manager
– Executing events in collaboration with staff, volunteers, and Fundraising Committee
– Collating and analyzing event media coverage
– Working collaboratively with staff to develop, implement and analyze an annual marketing plan, including social media, website, and newsletters
– Developing and maintaining brand-compliant marketing materials for the organization
– Implementing an integrated marketing campaign (email marketing, social media, blogging, advertising, public relations, and direct marketing) to promote current and future Habitat initiatives according to approved timelines
– Developing promotional material for the Affordable Homeownership Program, such as interviews, social media posts, pamphlets, and signage
– Coordinating advertising and other promotional activities for Habitat for Humanity and ReStore
– Identifying marketing opportunities and developing appropriate plans
– Ordering promotional materials
– Responding to media requests in a timely manner
– Developing media releases and media advisories in collaboration with appropriate staff and committees
– Participating in occasional interviews as required
– Preparing content as required including media releases and advisories, social media posts, sponsorship proposals, annual reports, videos, blog posts, and newsletters that reflect Habitat for Humanity mission, vision and values
– Maintaining and updating web content on a regular basis
– Developing and maintaining up-to-date promotional materials
– Copyediting project materials and reports produced by colleagues
Knowledge of Brands and Products
– Promoting Habitat for Humanity Vision, Mission and Values
– Promoting ReStore as the HFHSSMA Social Enterprise that generates revenue for builds and diverts wastes from landfills
– Promoting the use of the Donation Center for high quality donations
– Performing additional duties as assigned
– Minimum post-secondary diploma or degree, preferred in the field of communications, public relations, marketing, or event management from an accredited college or university.
– Experience with fundraising/fund development, grant writing, event management, marketing and communications ideally for a non-profit organization is necessary
– Project management experience would be an asset
– Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva
– Criminal Records Check is required as a condition of employment
– Vulnerable Sector Check is required as a condition of employment
– COVID19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment
Skills & Attributes
– Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work through difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
– Additional skills including:
– Organized, accurate, and efficient
– Dependable, with good time management
– Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment
– Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment
How to Apply
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis and we therefore encourage early submissions.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator Application.
Applications must be received before 4PM EST on April 11, 2023
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie and Area will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please). We are committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
About Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie and Area
– Founded in 2002, Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie and Area is a non-profit community-based organization working towards a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. HFHSSMA offers a sustainable solution to the housing crisis facing our communities by mobilizing volunteers and community partners to build affordable housing and promoting home ownership.